Jirairs Make History

English board for english discussions.

Moderator: Supermod

Postby artsakh on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:43 pm

Petition To Extend Arrest Of Zhirayr Sefilian By Two Months To Be Filed To Court

* Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:56:07 +0500 (AMST)

PETITION TO EXTEND ARREST OF ZHIRAYR SEFILIAN BY TWO MONTHS TO BE FILED TO COURT

Noyan Tapan
Mar 30 2007

YEREVAN, MARCH 30, NOYAN TAPAN. The Investigative Department of the RA
National Security Service (NSS) made a decision to file a petition on
extending the term of arrest of Zhirayr Sefilian, coordinator of the
"Protection of Liberated Territories" NGO (the term expires on April
10) for two months. Ara Zakarian, lawyer of Z. Sefilian, told this
to NT correspondent.

According to the NSS Investigative Department, extension of the arrest
term is necessary for taking a number of investigative actions.

To recap, Z. Sefilian is charged by Articles 301 and 235 of the RA
Criminal Code - "Public Calls for Usurpation of State Power" and
"Illegal Keeping of Arms".

http://groong.usc.edu/news/msg183552.html
artsakh

Postby Armenian on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:12 pm

Some of my comments about our current political situation in Yerevan:

In reality, our Republic today is much better than it was fifteen years ago, ten years ago, five years ago, a year ago, etc. However, we still do have a very long way to go before we meet "western" standards.

Nothing today would have been different if Vazgen Sarkisian or Garen Demirjian had been in power. In my opinion, our situation could have been worst with them around. Vazgen Sarkisian was a bad politician and the stories about him stopping corruption was a fairytale, he was actually one of the most corrupt individuals in the nation. He made many mistakes in Artsakh that caused the deaths of many Armenians. I believe Vazgen meant well and he did some good, however, he was a - hetamnats geghatsi. He essentially appealed to the low 'uneducated' class within the Armenian Republic. And if the rumors that he was getting close to the US State Department and, as a result, Russia wanted to get rid of him was true, then it's good that he is out of the picture today.

Garen Demirjian was another one of the Soviet era's worthless fat-cats that damaged Armenia in the long-term. It was during his watch that the Azeri population grew and prospered in Armenia as Armenian regions such as Zangezur suffered from neglect. It was during his watch that the corrupt, uneducated, so-called "Rabiz" sub-culture within Armenia became very prominent. And it was he that tried very hard to stop Armenians from rising up and fighting for Artsakh.

The above two individuals won't be missed much within Armenian politics. And I need not say a single word about how dangerous Levon Ter Petrosian's administration was. The man in question was a criminal agent working for foreign powers and should have been tried for treason and shot in the street.

When observed within a proper 'balanced' perspective, Armenia today is on the right track. Armenia has secured its borders by having a strong armed forces and close geostrategic relations with Russia and Iran. Armenia is also getting closer to the EU and China. The Armenian economy is gradually growing. There is a new generation in Armenia now that is realizing that they need to get an education and "work" to make a living instead of expecting hand-outs from the government and/or the Diaspora. Yerevan is growing fast and prospering. And, most importantly, Armenia is politically and socially stable - unlike all other nation in the region.

What Armenia has been able to accomplished today under such dire conditions, within such a bad region, is nothing short of a miracle. The reality is that Armenia today is better-off many most other former Soviet nations who don't even have a fraction of Armenia's problems. And as harsh as it sounds, the aforementioned 'general' perspective of our nation is what counts in the real world, not the opinions of the unemployed uneducated poor who constantly complain about the government not feeding them. Nations in transition will go through such growing pains, its natural. All nations have gone through such periods, including the finest nations in the West. Unfortunately, however, Armenia's destiny is not totally in her hands. Due to Armenia's geographic position, her prosperity, her future, is dependent upon the region's superpower politics.

I hope none of you here are amongst the ignorant low-lives that bad mouth Artsakhtsis in Yerevan. Artsakhtsis took control in Yerevan during the worst political period in Armenia. No one gave them the power, they took it themselves. Had Yerevantsis been a bit more ideologically driven and organized perhaps they would be in control today. However, we saw what happened when Yerevantis were in control during the "Levon" years.

I always try to caution those who call for a social revolution within Yerevan. Any change of the status-quo within Yerevan today would be very detrimental for Armenia. Let's realize that we have a real foreign threat in Yerevan today: US State Department financed NGOs and various American "news" organizations like "Armenianow" are working very hard to bring about a "pro-democracy" revolution in Armenia. Sadly, most Armenians are clueless about real politics and many fall victim to their manipulations.

Kocharyan's administration has many faults but it's the best we have under "our" circumstances. I'm satisfied with the fact that officials in Yerevan today have managed to foster close ties with Russia and Iran at the same time keeping good relations with EU and America. I'm also glad that they are not kissing Turkish ass. Under their leadership, the Armenian borders are secure, Armenian society is stable and safe, and the economy keeps growing from year to year. The aforementioned are the fundamental things that I expect a government to provide. As far as corruption is concerned, it wont disappear anytime soon because it is deeply embedded within our people's psychology. We need at least a couple of generations to negate the corruption level in Armenia.

And I don't care if Serge Sarkisyan has castles on the Moon, or Mars for that matter, as long as he is doing his job as Defense Minister or President. I suggest some of you here to look at how other politicians around the world live and stop acting like ignorant peasants.

Bottom line:

Armenia today is actually one of the safest countries in the world

Armenian society is stable unlike most others in the region

Armenia has secure borders due to its strong military and political alliances

Armenia has good political/economic/military relations with Russia and Iran

Armenia has bad relations with Turkey and Azerbaijan

Armenian economy is growing and Yerevan is blossoming

Corruption in Armenia is gradually decreasing

Most importantly: This is absolutely no time for any kind of "revolution" within Armenia. Revolution in Yerevan is what USA wants, that is what Ankara wants, that is what Baku wants, that is what Tblisi wants, that is what what Tel Aviv wants. In short, change of administration is what our enemies want. As a result, I will not shed a single tear if all the revolution seekers in Armenia get beaten until bloody in the streets.
Last edited by Armenian on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:13 pm

Ararat wrote:Armenian, Well i will agree with you that Robert Kocharyan was successfull to manage holding this status-quo for almost 9 years and i am sure that he will not sign any treaty in the near future.

Well, I'm glad you use logic and balance in your assessment of the current administration. There are Armenian idiots who enjoy doing the work for ZOG and Turks by attacking and slandering Kocharyan and company. No one would be happier than Americans and Turks if Kocharyan/Sarkisian's group gets defeated during the next elections.

Also i agree that the todays Government is not willing in general to give to azeris the lands, but the today's government has entered himself in such a position were sooner or later he must find a solution.

Yes, there obviously has to be a solution eventually. However, that does not means that it's this administration's fault that there has to be a solution. When you have international bodies such as the UN, WTO, IMF, EU, America, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Israel, Georgia, etc, working against you - what can you do? What you can do is play the "game" and keep doing what you think is best for your long term strategic plans. That is what I see the current administration doing and I applaud them for it.

Step by step they are speaking about referendum, return of azeri deportes, peace and diplomatic relations with turks etc etc ... I understand that they are doing this for the International Community, but note also that it has very demoralising effects on the Armenian population in Armenia. People are really begining to believe that sooner or later we must give lands. The idea of giving lands become normal, a politically correct idea, and loosed his taboo character.

The "masses" (hasarakutyun@) will always be unsatisfied and ignorant regardless of their "good" intentions. As a result, politicians can't, and should never, listen to the public for serious political decisions - especially when dealing with emotional and irrational people like Armenians. For obvious reasons, the public is not seriously consulted by governments even in the so-called "Democratic" nations of the West. I think most Armenians today mean well but they are totally ignorant of political science.

The Military corpus is also desoriented when the Defense minister is speaking much about peace-talks and less about rebuilding the liberated teritories near Artsakh...

The "military corpus" must first get to know the world they live in before they began to dictate long-term state policy. The military corpus in a place like the Caucasus should not get involved in international diplomacy. The military corpus we have is made up of simple men who somehow ended up in the Artsakh conflict, and now are war veterans with ideas. We have very few individuals like Seyran Ohanian who I believe to be a real military officer. The rest of our powerful military, men like the late Vazgen Sarkisian, are simple village folk, with village mentalities. As such, Jirayr means well and I respect him, but he is not familiar with the delicate nuances of international diplomacy.

However, this dose not mean that we should all close our eyes and allow officials in Yerevan to do whatever they want. When we see obvious and blatant mistakes, or treason, like the ones we saw with Levon Ter Petrosian, than the military and the public can step in and made proper adjustments in government. Thus far, I do not see any geostrategic problems coming out of Yerevan. Kocharyan and company have stopped the "Paul Gobble" plan, the "TARC" movement, Levon's treason, American meddling in Armenian politics and many-many other things. I also believe that the current administration has done a masterful job in strengthening Russo-Armenian relation, Irano-Armenian relations, at the same time kept close and cordial relations with the EU and America.

Unfortunately, most Armenians today only think about today, not tomorrow. Most Armenians only think about their stomachs. I understand simple people can not see past their stomachs or their wallets. The aforementioned comes from a lack of education, lack or self-respect, lack of experience and a lack of international exposure.

All this negative effects are accumulating, and guys like Jirayr Sefilyan who give all their life to this fight are loosing patience and trust to the supreme commendement.

These are natural situations within a complex political environment like the Caucasus. Thus, it is prudent to keep a cold and logical perspective regarding such matters.

The best solution must be the change of Official line of Republic Armenia.
I mean we must have strong precondition official preconditions toward Azerbaijan and Turkey.
Just examples of some minimal preconditions that today are not used.
1. The Nakhichevan question.
2. Financial retribution of Sumgait & Baku pogroms and ethnic cleansing
3. Recognition of Genocide
4. Financial retribution of 15 year of economic blocus.
5. Complete stop of hate propaganda by turko-azeris medias.
6. The question of Armenian deportees
etc etc.

Due to international pressure there is only so much official Yerevan can do openly upon the international stage. Due to our landlocked tiny nation with no economic power, ther eis only so much you can do upon the international stage. What you just outlined above applies to powerful nations with strong international backing. Thus far, we are in no position to make such demands.

As a matter of fact, if we are not careful we could be branded an "extremist state" like Serbia, North Korea or Iran by the international community. Therefore, put what I just said in a clear perspective and realize that there are do's and dont's in international diplomacy and politics. The preconditions you referred to must be created and expressed by non-governmental organizations such as the ARF, the Armenian Aryan Union, the Armenian Church, social organizations, etc.

It's time we mature as a people, it's time we being looking at international politics with a healthy balanced perspective.
Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby artsakh on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Zhirayr Sefilian: Blow Of Kars-Akhalkalak Railway Construction Is Aimed Against Javakhk's Heart
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:06:56 +0500 (AMST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZHIRAYR SEFILIAN: BLOW OF KARS-AKHAlKALAK RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION IS AIMED AGAINST JAVAKHK'S HEART

Noyan Tapan
Apr 02 2007

AKHALKALAK, APRIL 2, NOYAN TAPAN. The Javakhk-Info agency on April 2
spread the text of the open letter bearing the signature of Zhirayr
Sefilian and addressed to the Armenians of Javakhk. The full text
of the letter is given below: "The governments of Turkey, Azerbaijan
and Georgia plan to start the construction of Kars-Akhalkalak railway
this year. Armenians are against this project not because of the fact
that the railway communication by-passes the territory of Armenia but
because this is a very dangerous link of the Pan-Turanist programs
to blockade Armenia from the north. The blow of this anti-Armenian
project is aimed againt Javakhk's heart. The purpose is to cleanse
it from Armenians and populate with strange elements which must
penetrate into the region as builders and workers servicing
the railway. Unfortunately, the Armenian government failed to
understand the essence of the problem. It speaks against the new
railway's construction, but only for the reason that the Gyumri-Kars
railway will be put into operation instead of it and the Armenian
budget will receive a few cents' profit from the Pan-Turkist
communication. Whereas, the problem is first of all political and
poses the threat that our region will be turkified completely in
economic, cultural, political and demographic sense. The revival of the
national movement in Javakhk in recent years inspires a hope that this
Turkish-Georgian project can be suspended with relative ease. Yet in
this case too, the Armenian ruling regime betraying national interests,
not only did not assist Armenians of Javakhk but also tried to impede
its struggle, disappoint it and deprive it of its support, arrested and
deported Vahagn Chakhalian who struggled against this anti-Armenian
project. Local officials serving the Georgian state behave in the
same way. However, I am convinced that our compatriots living in
Javakhk are fully aware of the threat facing not only this region but
also all the Armenians and will be able to hinder this anti-Armenian
project. I an sure that at the decisive moment they will have support
of Armenians of Homeland and Diaspora. Nobody and nothing can break
the freedom-loving will of the Armenian people. Let's not despair
and defend our country from the growing threat of Turkish blockade."

http://groong.usc.edu/news/msg183891.html
artsakh

Postby artsakh on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:45 pm

"Armenia In Panturkism Blockade"
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:54:49 +0500 (AMST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ARMENIA IN PANTURKISM BLOCKADE"

A1+
[06:14 pm] 02 April, 2007

SEFILYAN'S LETTER TO THE ARMENIANS OF JAVAKHQ

"Unfortunately, RA Government couldn't see the matter thoroughly. They
opposed to the construction of Kars-Akhalqalaq railway to initiate
that of Gyumri-Kars instead. The RA high-ranking officials think that
RA budget can benefit from the "Panturkism" communication," Zhirayr
Sefilyan, commander of the Shushi special regiment, sent this letter
to the Javakhq Armenians from the National Security Service.

In Sefilyan's opinion the RA Government doesn't realize that the matter
is purely political and it may lead the whole region to Turkism, i.e.,
they want to turn us Turks economically, culturally and politically.

"Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia plan to carry out the Kars-Akhalqalaq
railway construction this year.

Armenians are against the project as it implies Armenia's blockade
which is the core objective of Panturkism. The target of this
anti-Armenian project becomes Javakhq. The project is aimed at
displacing Armenians and inhabiting the territories with foreign
elements who will settle there as constructors and railway workers,"
says Sefilyan.

At the end of the letter, Sefilyan voices hope that our compatriots
living in Javakhq fully realize the menace and will do their utmost
to frustrate the above-mentioned anti-Armenian project.

I am convinced that the Armenians spread world-wide will render their
assistance in the decisive moment.

Nobody and nothing can break the will -power of Armenians. Let's stand
firm and protect our country from the Turkish threats," urges Sefilyan.

http://groong.usc.edu/news/msg183873.html
artsakh

Postby leo_matousian on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:36 pm

here in my city

majority of henchakian armenians

always hang out with arabs.
and always listen to modern american nigger music.

also its not shocking

to ask them the name of armenian president
and to not get answer. :oops:

fortunatly they are little minority.

they also call us(dashnaks or neo dashnaks) "uncivilized kurds"
cause we are not americinized "modern" like them.

and we listen to karnig sarkisian
instead of rap and hip hop like them.

they were also treated very well in the ex communist regime.
i personaly think that any one who has henchak culture
should not be allowed posting in any kind of aryan or WNist board.
cause they are neo communist or communist as far as i know.
arent they ?
"We must secure the existence of our nation,
and future for white armenian children"

www.armenianaryans.com
www.enationalism.com/forum
leo_matousian

Postby artsakh on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:35 pm

well, well, well....
----------------------------------

Jailed Oppositionist Remains Defiant

By Irina Hovannisian

One of the two nationalist opposition activists arrested last December for allegedly plotting to overthrow Armenia’s government on Thursday again rejected the accusations as unfounded and politically motivated.

Speaking to RFE/RL in a maximum-security basement jail in Yerevan, Vartan Malkhasian claimed that the Armenian authorities arrested him and Zhirayr Sefilian to stop them fighting against the falsification of the upcoming parliamentary elections. He also claimed that they are using the case to drag out internationally sponsored peace talks with Azerbaijan.

Sefilian and Malkhasian were arrested and charged with calling for a “violent overthrow” of the government in early December just days after setting up a new organization opposed to Armenian withdrawal from Azerbaijani districts surrounding Karabakh. Armenia’s National Security Service (NSS) claims that the group, called the Alliance of Armenian Volunteers (HKH), planned to use the elections to mount an armed uprising against the government.

Malkhasian, who is a leading member of a small opposition party called Fatherland and Honor, admitted that he considers violence a legitimate means of struggle against the return of the “liberated territories,” but insisted that he the HKH did not plot a violent regime change.

“Different people can interpret my thoughts in different ways,” he said in a first media interview given after his arrest. “W have neither weapons nor armed groups. How can we seize power with a thousand men? That I don’t understand.”

Malkhasian charged that the case was “fabricated” because President Robert Kocharian and Prime Minister Serzh Sarkisian wanted to “make sure we don’t take control of several polling stations and prevent fraud.” “That’s why we ended up here,” he said. “They were particularly scared of Zhirayr because Zhirayr can rally people even from jail.”

Malkhasian suggested that the Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnaktsutyun), of which he was a member until 2000, may also have had a hand in his arrest. He quit the governing party in protest against its close ties with Kocharian and the alleged corruption of its leaders. The oppositionist singled out on Thursday Hrayr Karapetian, the leader of the Dashnaktsutyun faction in the outgoing Armenian parliament and a former governor of the Aragatsotn region.

Malkhasian is a resident of the regional capital Ashtarak. He was recently registered as a candidate in a local single-mandate constituency. His main rival is an incumbent parliamentarian who has close ties with Prosecutor-General Aghvan Hovsepian.

http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeniare ... 7E5048.ASP
<<Երբ իրիկունը գլուխներդ դնեք բարծին որ քնանաք, մի քիչ մտածեք ազգի մասին>>
--ՔԱՋՆ ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ
artsakh

Postby Ararat on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:57 am

some rumours says that they will be liberated in May.
Just after the elections.

As far as i know there were a lot off disputes within ARF party about this case.
Ararat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Aryan World