Politics in Yerevan.

English board for english discussions.

Moderator: Supermod

Postby Armenian on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:47 pm

artsakh wrote:His dad is a dashnak professor of history at UCLA.

Having vague affiliations with some Dashnaks in the past does not make one a Dashnak in the present. Richard Hovanesian is a self-centered, condescending, egotistical, pseudo-historian. Sadly, due to their relative fame and social stature within the United States, we have Armenians in Armenia that take them seriously. As an "Amerika-Hay" I would like to say that Amerika-Hays can potentially be serious liabilities to the Armenian nation. Such people are actually longterm dangers to the well being of the Armenian state.
Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Ararat on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 pm

Kocharyan today will comment the Bagdasaryan's activities
Ararat
Site Admin

Postby Ararat on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:34 pm

“It’s hard to imagine that the former chairman of the National Assembly could fall so low,” Kocharian told students at Yerevan State University. “I don’t want to use legal terms. For me, this is a real manifestation of treason. That manifestation is all the more ugly given that it was done at his own initiative.” Kocharian made it clear, however, that Baghdasarian will not be prosecuted under a relevant article of the Armenian Criminal Code. “We have received hundreds of phone calls in connection with that fact, various kinds of comments as to how such a politician can take part in the elections,” he said. “But I don’t think it would be right for state bodies to come up with some tough actions. “The elections are coming up, and let every voter decide whether patriotism and dignity matters to them. If it doesn’t, let them vote [for Baghdasarian’s party.]”

http://armtown.com/news/en/rfe/20070427/200704271/

More details are in the link
Ararat
Site Admin

Postby Lernakan on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:54 pm

Why was Orinats Yerkir forced to quit Armenia's governing coalition?
www.ArmenianHighland.com

Yes Tseghakron Em - Yev aha K'yerdnum Vahagni Achi Vrah Yerbek Chmexanchel Ukhtis Dem - Aprel, Gorcel u Mernel Vorpes Tsexamard.
Lernakan

Postby artsakh on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:33 am

Ararat wrote:Kocharyan today will comment the Bagdasaryan's activities

Friday 27, April 2007

Armenian Ex-Speaker Accused Of ‘Treason’

By Karine Kalantarian and Ruzanna Khachatrian

Statements reportedly made by Armenia’s former parliament speaker Artur Baghdasarian in his secretly recorded conversation with a senior British diplomat constitute high treason, President Robert Kocharian claimed on Friday.

It was Kocharian’s first public reaction to the publication by a pro-presidential newspaper of purported details of Baghdasarian’s recent private meeting with the number two official in the British embassy in Yerevan. The leader of the opposition Orinats Yerkir Party was quoted as urging the European Union to criticize the Armenian authorities’ handling of the upcoming parliamentary elections.

“It’s hard to imagine that the former chairman of the National Assembly could fall so low,” Kocharian told students at Yerevan State University. “I don’t want to use legal terms. For me, this is a real manifestation of treason. That manifestation is all the more ugly given that it was done at his own initiative.”

Kocharian made it clear, however, that Baghdasarian will not be prosecuted under a relevant article of the Armenian Criminal Code. “We have received hundreds of phone calls in connection with that fact, various kinds of comments as to how such a politician can take part in the elections,” he said. “But I don’t think it would be right for state bodies to come up with some tough actions.

“The elections are coming up, and let every voter decide whether patriotism and dignity matters to them. If it doesn’t, let them vote [for Baghdasarian’s party.]”

Baghdasarian supported Kocharian and was considered one of his potential favored successors until Orinats Yerkir was forced to quit Armenia’s governing coalition one year ago. The populist party is now one of the main opposition contenders of the elections scheduled for May 12.

The British embassy on Thursday acknowledged that one of its top diplomats met Baghdasarian at a Yerevan restaurant last February but condemned the “dishonest” recording of their conversation revealed by the newspaper “Golos Armenii.” The paper, which is staunchly supportive of Kocharian, published what it described as excerpts from that conversation on Saturday and Thursday. The ex-speaker was quoted as saying that the EU should issue “some signal of alarm” before May 12.

Baghdasarian was quick to hit back at Kocharian’s extraordinary accusation. “I consider it condemnable and unacceptable,” he told reporters during a campaign trip to the southern town of Echmiadzin. “The traitors are all those who rig elections and disgrace the fatherland.”

Speaking to RFE/RL earlier on Friday, Baghdasarian repeated his strong condemnation of the “Golos Armenii” reports. “This is a violation of not only the constitution and laws but moral norms,” he said. “Even worse is the fact that the content of the conversation was distorted and dirty comments were made about it.”

“I have said and am repeating now that Armenia’s upcoming elections must meet international standards and that the international community, to which Armenia has assumed obligations, must closely follow the upcoming electoral processes,” he added.

Kocharian, meanwhile, was anxious to dispel widespread suspicions that the secret recording, which is illegal under Armenian law, was the work of the National Security Service (NSS). “After reading the first report I immediately instructed the National Security Service to contact the newspaper and examine all circumstances of that recording,” he told university students. “Sadly, what was reported … fully corresponds to reality.”

Kocharian stressed the fact that another opposition leader, Aram Karapetian, has said that he got hold of a copy of the scandalous recording before it was published by “Golos Armenii.” Karapetian was summoned to the NSS on Thursday to provide further explanations. He claimed after the interrogation that the former KGB itself recorded the conversation and deliberately planted a compact disc containing the audio on his office doorstep to deflect suspicions about its involvement in the affair.

The pro-opposition daily “Haykakan Zhamanak” published on Thursday other details of Baghdasarian’s meeting with the British diplomat identified as Richard Hyde, the deputy chief of mission, which were not reported by “Golos Armenii.” In particular, Baghdasarian was quoted as detailing vote irregularities allegedly planned and committed by the governing Republican Party of Armenia.

According to “Haykakan Zhamanak,” the Orinats Yerkir leader said the elections can already be considered to have been falsified. “We know that,” Hyde was said to have replied.

(Photolur photo)

http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeniare ... 3746E4.ASP
<<Երբ իրիկունը գլուխներդ դնեք բարծին որ քնանաք, մի քիչ մտածեք ազգի մասին>>
--ՔԱՋՆ ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ
artsakh

Postby Ararat on Tue May 01, 2007 2:09 pm

The tape of Artur Bagdasaryan is now available on the net

You can download it from here
http://www.golos.am/777.mp3
Ararat
Site Admin

Postby Armenian on Tue May 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Ararat wrote:The tape of Artur Bagdasaryan is now available on the net...

Very interesting...

This sting was most probably a joint Armenian-Russian operation meant to discredit the "opposition" before the elections. Thus, the timing and execution was absolutely perfect. Good to know that the internal security apparatus in Armenia is functioning quite well.

Anyway, such treasonous individuals, including utter filth like Levon Ter Petrosian, need to be hanged in public, or at the very least imprisoned for life.
Last edited by Armenian on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Lernakan on Tue May 01, 2007 8:03 pm

Ararat could you please tell me why Orinats Yerkir was forced out of the ruling coalition? I'm not that familiar with politics in Yerevan yet but I am familiarizing myself now.
www.ArmenianHighland.com

Yes Tseghakron Em - Yev aha K'yerdnum Vahagni Achi Vrah Yerbek Chmexanchel Ukhtis Dem - Aprel, Gorcel u Mernel Vorpes Tsexamard.
Lernakan

Postby artsakh on Wed May 02, 2007 2:13 am

Armenian wrote: Anyway, such treasonous individuals, including abnormalities such as Paruyr Hayrikian and filth such as Levon Ter Petrosian need to be hanged in public, or at the very least imprisoned for life.

May I ask what is your reason for disliking Paruyr Hayrikyan?
<<Երբ իրիկունը գլուխներդ դնեք բարծին որ քնանաք, մի քիչ մտածեք ազգի մասին>>
--ՔԱՋՆ ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ
artsakh

Postby Armenian on Wed May 02, 2007 6:05 am

artsakh wrote:May I ask what is your reason for disliking Paruyr Hayrikyan?

The one fundamental reason why I dislike him and don't trust him is that he is <<obsessively>> anti-Russian. He is so vehemently anti-Russian that it simply makes no political sense, it's actually quite suspicious.

Most of his political agenda for the last decade or so seems to be geared towards getting Russian troops and Moscow's political influence out of Armenia. As you may know, during the Soviet years he was a famous political dissident. As a result, it's not far fetched to assume that he most probably had close contacts with western intelligence services and the Mossad. What's more, he was also married to a Jewess, has a Jewish child by her in the United States, and travels to see them often. And just several months ago, he even sent Saahakashvili an official congratulatory letter when Tbilisi forced Russian forces out of Georgia. In the letter, he more-or-less stated that he also looks forward to evicting Russian's from Armenia as well. Needless to say, Georgia today is more of a danger to us than Turkey and Tblisi is being run over over by Turks, Americans and Jews. He also goes around openly stating that Armenian officials like Serge Sarkisyan and the late Andranik Margaryan are Russian agents.

Here are some examples of the kind of media coverage he gets:
http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeniare ... 24F544.ASP
http://www.armeniandiaspora.com/archive/48627.html
http://www.a1plus.am/en/?page=issue&iid=47974
http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=24854

Paruyr Hayrikyan Admires Saakashvili

Paruyr Hayrikyan, the head of the Union for National
Self-Determination, is convinced that in the closest
future the Armenians in Georgia and the Georgians in
Armenia will feel at home. According to him, this is
conditioned by the elimination of the Russian military
bases in Georgia. Hayrikyan claims that Armenia must
follow the example of Georgia.

The head of the Union for National Self-Determination
has sent a message to the Georgian President Mikhail
Sahakashvili which says, «I congratulate you on and
the Georgian nation on the liberation of the nation
from the last bases of the Russian imperialism». Mr.
Hayrikyan is convinced that the reason for the
conflicts in the Armenian-Georgian relations is Russia
whose `espionage activities have been revealed by
Georgia'.

As for the problems of the Armenians in Javakhq, the
desecration of the Armenian cemeteries and the
eviction of the Armenian living in Tbilisi from their
houses and the intolerance towards the Armenians in
general, Hayrikyan says, `It is done not by the
Georgian authorities but the criminal organizations'.

Anymore questions?

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Thu May 03, 2007 8:12 pm

This is Moscow's answer to the US State Department's relentless effort to ensure that Armenia will have a "free" and "democratic" election process next week. Well, in the eyes of policy makers in Washington DC, the elections will only "free" and "democratic" if a pro-American boz gets elected into office. At the forefront of America's meddling are the numerous CIA funded NGOs in Yerevan and their "freedom" minded supporters.

Russian government to assign 2.2 million rubles for observation mission in Armenia

The Russian government will assign 2.2 million rubles for financing expenses of Russian delegates who will participate in observation mission in Armenia’s parliamentary elections scheduled for May 12. The RF government will assign Russia’s MFA up to 2 203 million rubles in the second quarter of 2007. Those means are being assigned for financing expenses connected with sending representatives of the Russian Federation within the OSCE ODIHR (Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights) mission to Armenia to participate in the observation of the May 12 parliamentary elections. Premier Mikhail Fradkov signed the corresponding order. The Russian MFA is ordered to realize the simultaneous payment to OSCE ODIHR budget, totally $ 7 400, which will cover of ODIHR monitoring mission’s expenses connected with the parliamentarian electrons in Armenia.

Source: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=22133

ՌԴ Կառավարությունը 2.2 մլն ռուբլի է հատկացնելու Հայաստանում դիտորդական առաքելություն իրականացնելու համար

ՌԴ Կառավարությունը 2.2 մլն ռուբլի է հատկացնելու մայիսի 12-ին Հայաստանի Ազգային ժողովի ընտրություններին Ռուսաստանի դիտորդների ծախսերը հոգալու համար: ՌԴ կառավարությունը Ռուսաստանի ԱԳՆ-ին 2007 թվականի երկրորդ եռամսյակում 2.203 մլն. ռուբլի է հատկացնելու՝ կապված Եվրոպայում անվտանգության եւ համագործակցության կազմակերպության Ժողովրդավարության ինստիտուտների եւ մարդու իրավունքների բյուրոյի դիտորդական առաքելության կազմում Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության ներկայացուցիչներ ուղարկելու հետ՝ 2007 թվականի մայիսի 12-ին Հայաստանի Հանրապետության Ազգային Ժողովի ընտրությունների դիտարկումն իրականացնելու համար: Համապատասխան հրաման է ստորագրել վարչապետ Միխաիլ Ֆրադկովը: Ռուսաստանի ԱԳՆ-ին հանձնարարված է ԵԱՀԿ Ժողովրդավարական ինստիտուտների եւ մարդու իրավունքների բյուրո 7.4 հազար դոլար մուծել Բյուրոյի դիտորդական առաքելության ծախսերի փոխհատուցման համար՝ կապված Հայաստանի խորհրդարանական ընտրություններին հետեւելու հետ:

Լրաղբյուր: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/arm/print/?nid=22133

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Tue May 08, 2007 3:56 pm

Մի փոքրիկ դադար մեր քաղաքական նյութերից:

A proud day for Armenia

Levon Aronian won both games against the world champion Levon Aronian on day two of Rapid Chess Match at the Yerevan Opera House. Aronian leads 3-1 with two to play after winning with both colours. Armenia has a fine chess tradition being the homeland of the former World Champion Tigran Petrosian. This match is of such importance in Armenia that the Prime Minister is the patron of the event. The rise of Aronian to world number five and the country’s success at the Chess Olympiads and World Team Championships has made the whole nation proud.

In the words of the Armenian Prime Minister Serge Sargsyan:

‘Armenia has a true passion for chess – it is the land of Tigran Petrosian and of Olympic Champions. Chess is part and parcel of Armenia’s daily life, and it is hard to find a household in Armenia where this venerated game is not played. Indeed, we glorify our beloved famous grandmasters, likewise holding the legendary greats from around the world in the highest regard and extending to them our sincere hospitality.’

Now close your eyes for a moment and try and imagine such words from a British Prime Minister or indeed any western politician.

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/05/08/result070508.xml

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Tue May 08, 2007 4:08 pm

Վերջապես կեղտոտ առնետին ձայնը կտրեցին:

ԱՅԴՊԻՍԻ ՀԱՆՑԱԿԱԶՄ ԳՈՅՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ ՉՈՒՆԻ

ՀՀ նախկին արտգործնախարար Ալեքսանդր Արզումանյանի փաստաբան Հովիկ Արսենյանի կարծիքով` այն մեղքը, ինչում իր պաշտպանյալին կասկածում են՝ ապօրինի ճանապարհով ձեռք բերված եկամուտների օրինականացում, ՚ քրեական օրենսգրքի որեւէ հոդվածի դիսպոզիցիայով գոյություն չունիՙ: Հիշեցնենք, որ Ալեքսանդր Արզումանյանը ձերբակալվել է այս գիշեր իր բնակարանում:

՚Ստացվում է, որ ապօրինի ձեռնարկատիրական գործունեությամբ պետք է զբաղվեր Ալիկ Արզումանյանը, եւ եթե մեղադրանք պետք է առաջադրեին, ապա այդ հոդվածով գոնե տրամաբանական կլիներ, բայց դա էլ չկա. Արզումանյանը ձեռնարկատիրական գործունեությամբ չի զբաղվումՙ,- նշում է փաստաբանը:

Հովիկ Արսենյանը ապօրինի որակեց նրան հնարավոր առաջադրվելիք մեղադրանքը: Նա պատրաստվում է միջնորդություն ներկայացնել վարույթ իրականացնող մարմնին: Իսկ 42 ժամվա ընթացքում նախաքննական մարմինը կամ պետք է մեղադրանք առաջադրի կամ ազատ արձակի Ալեքսանդր Արզումանյանին: ՚Այստեղ հանցակազմ ընդհանրապես գոյություն չունիՙ,- համոզված է Հովիկ Արսենյանը:

Ի դեպ, այսօր հենց այս պահին ԱԱԾ-ում բացատրություն է տալիս նույն ՚հանցանքումՙ մեղադրվող Տարածքային ենթակառուցվածքները համակարգող նախկին նախարար, պաշտպանության փոխնախարար Վահան Շիրխանյանը: Նա Ա1+-ին տեղեկացրեց, որ իրեն ուղարկված ծանուցագրում որպես վկա են հրավիրել իրեն բացատրություններ տալու:
Տպել

Լրաղբյուր: http://www.a1plus.am/amu/?page=issue&iid=48875

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Tue May 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Ընկեր "Lernakan" asked my opinion about Sarkozy's election win in France. Since his win is somewhat connected to Armenia's foreign policy interests I will post my brief answer within this thread:

In my opinion, Armenians who are applauding Sarkozy's win in France because of his anti-Turkish rhetoric are being somewhat shortsighted and naive.

It is quite natural to assume that Sarkozy's Jewish roots would have helped shape his overall outlook on life and his approach to politics. It is also obvious that this man in question seems to be very fond of the criminal "Neoconservative" Kabal running the show in Washington DC. Moreover, his anti-Russian, anti-Iranian sentiments are quite pronounced within his political rhetoric. There is also a danger that he might eventually drag France into the bogus "War on Terror" as well.

Take a close look at his recent comment about Russia and America:

In an interview ahead of the May 6 runoff, Sarkozy said, "If you asked me which of the [two] countries France will have closer relations with - the United States or Russia, known to us for its Chechen war -'the U.S.' would be my answer."

After the global chaos and destruction that has been created by the bloodthirsty Kabal in Washington DC how dare this Sarkozy character complain about Russian's actions within Chechnya? Does anyone else see how absurd of a comment this is by him, especially coming from a man that is to lead France?

As a result, I fear that his political rhetoric and his foreign policy formulations may in the longterm be actually harmful to Armenia's interests. So, let's not be surprised if in the future Sarkozy "moderates" his anti-Turkish stance - due his greater fears/paranoia over the Arab/Persian Muslim world and his very warm sentiment towards the Kabal in Washington DC.

Sarkozy or no Sarkozy Turks would have never been admitted into the European Union. Thus, in the big picture, Sarkozy's win is a potential setback for European politics, not to mention Russian, Iranian and Armenian interests.

I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell.

In related news from Moscow:

Russian analysts warily optimistic over Sarkozy win

Nicolas Sarkozy's victory in France's presidential polls Sunday is unlikely to influence the country's traditionally amicable relations with Russia, but they may lack warmth, Russian analysts said in post-election comments. Conservative Sarkozy won 53% of the vote, against 47% for Socialist Segolene Royal. Sarkozy, who served as finance and interior minister in Jacques Chirac's outgoing government, is an advocate of liberal economic reforms and tough policies on crime and immigration. He opposes further European Union expansion, but is a staunch champion of trans-Atlantic integration. His vision for France's policy regarding Russia is not immediately clear.

In an interview ahead of the May 6 runoff, Sarkozy said, "If you asked me which of the [two] countries France will have closer relations with - the United States or Russia, known to us for its Chechen war -'the U.S.' would be my answer."

Speaking to Europe 1 radio, he said that if elected France's next president, he would raise the issue with President Vladimir Putin, as "Russian democracy has progress to make."

The remarks alerted France watchers in Russia, making some predict a chill in the relations with the Kremlin, accused by human rights organizations of abuses in Chechnya, where Moscow has been intermittently waging a war against separatist militants since 1994. Leonid Slutsky, second in charge of the international relations committee in parliament's State Duma lower house, described Sarkozy's pronouncements on Russia as "dubious."

Strategic Analysis Institute Director Alexander Konovalov, however, downplayed their possible impact on relations between the two countries: "Both Sarkozy and Royal have taken issue with Russia on human rights and European values. But we'll remain among France's major partners, as has historically been the case."

Vyacheslav Nikonov, head of the Politika think tank, said that under Sarkozy, relations will, perhaps, lack the warmth of his predecessor, Chirac.

"Unlike Jacques Chirac, Sarkozy has no close personal relations with the Russian leadership," Nikonov said. "There is no reason therefore to expect a quick rapprochement between Russia and France, especially given that Russia's relations with NATO and the European Union, of which France is part, are far from brilliant."

Chirac has been friends with Putin, and both were allied in their opposition to the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. But Sarkozy, belonging to the same Conservative UMP party as Chirac, seeks to repair the trans-Atlantic rift caused by the Iraq war, and has already signaled to President George W. Bush that Washington could rely on the friendship of France. According to International Security Center Director Alexei Arbatov, "France will be pursuing closer cooperation between the European Union and the U.S., and will support the U.S. in its increasingly aggressive, heavy handed global policies."

Bernard Owen, the head of France's Comparative Elections Study Center, whose own political science research focuses on Russia, said major changes in French-Russian relations are unlikely as "Russia is an important country and one to be reckoned with."

He put Sarkozy's comments on Chechnya down to his lack of knowledge of the real situation.

"Me personally, I think he is not informed well enough about developments in Chechnya," Owen said in a RIA Novosti interview. Senior Russian lawmakers also said French-Russian relations are unlikely to suffer under Sarkozy, but predicted his pro-American stance would make France less independent in its international policies.

"Sarkozy's victory gives reason to believe relations between Russia and France will be at least as steady, but I hope they will develop further," said the speaker of Russia's lower house, Boris Gryzlov. He is the leader of the pro-Kremlin United Russia party, with which Sarkozy's Union pour un Mouvement Populaire has long-standing ties. UMP representatives attended United Russia's national congress last December, at which Gryzlov's party approved an action plan in the lead up to a legislative election set for late 2007.

In France, however, quite a few people seem concerned about where Sarkozy's tough style may leave them. His Socialist rival warned ahead of the runoff ballot that the 52-year-old hardliner would bring in a climate of brutality if elected. Indeed, France's new leader has been hugely unpopular with North African immigrants since he ordered the violent suppression of riots in the fall of 2005 when serving as interior minister.

Following Sarkozy's election this Sunday, youths from immigrant communities torched cars and clashed with police in protest. Overnight, about 35 cars were reportedly set on fire in Paris alone, and 79 people were detained for taking part in the protests. According to official French statistics, a total of 172 automobiles were set alight in the central Ile de France province.

Source: http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070507/65039060.html

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Sun May 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Հայաստանի խորհրդարանական ընտրություններ. ԿԸՀ-ն ավարտել է քվեների հաշվարկը

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=0 ... &w=450.jpg

Հայաստանի ԿԸՀ-ն ավարտել է քվեների հաշվարկը 1 932 ընտրատեղամասերում (1 351 669 ընտրողների ձայներ): Քվեների հաշվառման արդյունքում խորհրդարանական ընտրություններում առաջին դիրքերը պահպանել են Հայաստանի Հանրապետական կուսակցությունը, «Բարգավաճ Հայաստան» կուսակցությունը եւ ՀՅԴ Դաշնակցությունը: Ինչպես հաղորդեց ԿԸՀ նախագահ Գարեգին Ազարյանը, ընտրողների քվեները բաշխվել են հետեւյալ կերպ.

Հայաստանի Հանրապետական կուսակցություն՝ 453 032 ձայն

«Բարգավաճ Հայաստան» կուսակցություն՝ 204 032 ձայն

ՀՅԴ Դաշնակցություն՝ 177 192 ձայն

«Օրինաց երկիր» կուսակցություն՝ 95 296 ձայն

ՄԱԿ՝ 59 30 ձայն

«Դաշինք» կուսակցություն՝ 33 093 ձայն

«Ազգային միաբանություն»՝ 49 869 ձայն

«Ժառանգություն» կուսակցություն՝ 80 890 ձայն

«Հանրապետություն» կուսակցություն՝ 22 609 ձայն

Ժողովրդական կուսակցություն՝ 37 034 ձայն

«Նոր ժամանակներ» կուսակցություն՝ 47 018 ձայն

Հայաստանի Ժողովրդական կուսակցություն`23 629 ձայն

«Իմպիչմենտ» դաշինք` 17 808 ձայն

Կոմունիստական կուսակցություն` 8 835 ձայն

Ազգային դեմոկրատական կուսակցություն`8 591 ձայն

«Ժողովրդավարական ուղի» կուսակցություն`8 468 ձայն

«Ազգային համաձայնություն» կուսակցություն`4 251 ձայն

Հայաստանի Դեմոկրատական կուսակցություն`3 780 ձայն

«Քրիստոնյա-դեմոկրատական վերածնունդ» կուսակցություն` 3 591 ձայն

Հայաստանի Մարքսիստական կուսակցություն-2 896 ձայն

Միսնական լիբերալ կուսակցություն՝ 2 748 ձայն

Երիտասարդական կուսակցություն՝ 3 302 ձայն

Սոցիալ-դեմոկրտական «հնչակյան» կուսակցություն` 1 033 ձայն

Լրաղբյուր: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/arm/?nid=22265

Pro-presidential parties win fair Armenia election

YEREVAN (Reuters) - Pro-presidential parties have won a large majority in Armenia's parliamentary elections, the country's election commission said on Sunday, a vote Western monitors described as a democratic improvement.

The winner of the election -- viewed as a dress rehearsal for the presidential vote next year -- was Prime Minister Serzh Sarksyan who heads the Republican party, which will control around 40 percent of the 131 seats in parliament. Sarksyan is a 52-year-old former welder and a trusted lieutenant of Armenia's President Robert Kocharyan who steps down as leader next year. Sarksyan has said he would enter a presidential election if his party asked him to.

"This election was the best election in the history of Armenia and has created a good base for the presidential elections next year," Armen Ashotyan, a Republican member of parliament, told Reuters.

The Republican party's two allies will control around 35 percent of the new parliament, the election commission said. Former Soviet Armenia is Russia's main ally in the Caucasus. It nestles on the southern edge of the region which has emerged as a major transit route for oil from Central Asia to Europe, and also borders Turkey and Iran. International observers had urged Armenia to improve the fairness of its parliamentary elections, saying the 2003 vote fell well short of democratic standards.

RALLY

Sarksyan had also pushed for improvements and at a news briefing on Sunday Western monitors said standards had risen.

"The Armenian elections were an improvement from previous elections," said Tone Tingsgaard, from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) monitoring team.

"Some issues remain and more is needed to consolidate this democracy."

Observers highlighted the close relationship between businesses and politicians as a concern and an inadequate electoral complaints procedure. One of the pro-presidential parties is run by a millionaire businessman. A fringe opposition group which wants to start proceedings to impeach the president, because it says he has failed the country with his policies, did not win enough votes to clear the 5 percent barrier and enter parliament. On Sunday a few thousand of its supporters gathered in central Yerevan to complain that the election had been rigged, despite the OSCE's comments.

"There was no election yesterday, there was just a coup d'etat," Nikol Pashinyan, one of the leaders of the Impeachment party, told the crowd. "The organizers of the election should be punished."

Impeachment supporters and police had clashed in the election run up but on Sunday the streets of Armenia's capital were quiet. Simmering tensions burst to the surface last month when gunmen tried to kill a senior member of the Republican party and two blasts ripped through the offices of another pro-presidential party. The violence has revived memories of a 1999 shootout in parliament that killed the speaker and the prime minister.

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNew ... geNumber=1

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

PreviousNext

Return to Aryan World