Levon Ter-Petrosian Must be Punished!

English board for english discussions.

Moderator: Supermod

Postby artsakh on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Armenian wrote:Do not fool yourselves, open your eyes, this struggle is between Artsakh Armenians and Yerevan Armenians over the Armenia's meager economic resources. If these animals in the Levon camp succeed in overthrowing "Karabgahtsiner" from Yerevan all they will do is replace them with Yerevantsi criminals with Yerevan style corruption and oppression.

There is no such "struggle between artsakh armenians and yerevan armenians."

Is Jirayr sefilyan a "yerevansti", or is tigran torosian, arthur bagdasaryan "Arsakhsi?"

Even the most liberal forces know how fragile Armenia is without karabakh.
Last edited by artsakh on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<Երբ իրիկունը գլուխներդ դնեք բարծին որ քնանաք, մի քիչ մտածեք ազգի մասին>>
--ՔԱՋՆ ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ
artsakh

Postby artsakh on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Last edited by artsakh on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<Երբ իրիկունը գլուխներդ դնեք բարծին որ քնանաք, մի քիչ մտածեք ազգի մասին>>
--ՔԱՋՆ ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ
artsakh

Postby Admin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Moderatorial: Please stop the abusive and insulting language
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Armenian on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:05 am

Bravo Armen...

A Sober and Sobering Account of Recent Developments in Armenia by an Eyewitness\

By Armen Ayvazian (Ararat Center for Strategic Research)

Yerevan, Armenia. I have been criticizing this government and predicting such an outcome during recent years. And, by the way, where was Levon Ter Petrossian all this time and why didn't he raise his voice against any injustice during these long 10 years?! I've been warning about the imminent breakup of the seeming stability again and again in my books, articles and interviews published in Armenian, Russian and English for the last decade. Moreover, they've been read by some of the highest representatives of the current establishment. I had a couple of chances to even personally discuss with some of them the criticality of the situation.

They did not agree that the situation is as bad as I depicted it and were disturbed and irritated. All of my efforts to bring them back to reality have just resulted not only in my further isolation from the centers of decision-making, but also in attempts to silence and marginalize me. Though they've not succeeded, I'm extremely frustrated that all my work has been almost in vain. On February 19, Armenia entered into a completely new and unfavorable phase; the day "X" I was talking about in my "Strategic Gaps" has already arrived.

However, Ter Petrossian and his team did not come "to right the wrongs," but just to exacerbate the situation to the edge. I'm a first-hand eyewitness of these recent events. The major clashes happened just 300 feet from my home and I've been hearing and watching everything from the beginning to the end. That day, Ter Petrossian and his team brought Armenia to the very brink of DISASTER. No one can prove to me that it was the police who instigated the clashes. It was not just a coup attempt, it was a cold-blooded attempt by Ter Petrossian & Co. to instigate a civil war! Ter Petrossian and his team are an immediate and overwhelming national security threat!

Please look at the bigger picture, look at the world powers waging Cold War IN ARMENIA, look at the map again and follow the news about the Azerbaijan's movements and all the preparations to start a war. What if Aliyev starts it now? What would we have? A divided Armenia and a divided Diaspora! Who has pushed the situation so far? Of course, the government has to be blamed for all the corruption and its woeful methods and low level of governance. But Ter Petrossian has clearly and cold-bloodedly targeted the national unity of Armenians! He clearly and cold-bloodedly played on the hayastantzi-gharabaghtzi artificial divide! He and his team clearly and cold-bloodedly instigated the mob to fire and throw grenades on Armenian soldiers.

My street was under the occupation of "revolutionaries" for about 7 hours. They were shouting at us: "come down, join us -- this is an uprising!" They were calling the Armenian soldiers to join them and fire on other Armenian soldiers. Now who can tell me about the facts better? Do you understand what was in stake? And what if just one battalion, or even a platoon joined this uprising? We would have ended up in a real bloody civil war with hundreds killed and mutilated and perhaps Artsakh and Syunik overrun by the enemy! What was Ter Petrossian's sick mind thinking at that time? I need neither to watch Armenian TV for the official version of events nor to read and listen about the ridiculous false versions now being circulated in the web by Ter Petrossian's supporters.

Please remember that Armenia is your only Homeland, irrespective of the government. Please do not alienate either yourselves or the diasporans from the homeland. Do not alienate yourselves from other Armenians. After reading my article, my dear friend from Canada has labeled me "a traitor of the nation"! Doesn't this remind you of good old 1937? Just one result of the Ter Petrossian's comeback into the big politics with his neo-bolshevik ideas: "Who is not with us, is against us"! But we are a small endangered nation with an endangered HOMELAND! The situation is extremely difficult and there is no easy way out of it. The solution that is most often being offered -- the resignation of Serj Sargsyan and new elections is not a solution. We simply cannot afford months and years of additional turmoil.
Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:51 am

Two more arrests.

Armenia detains opposition figures after clashes

Ararat Zurabyan

Armenia's National Security Service said on Tuesday it had detained two leading opposition figures, part of a clampdown on those suspected of staging protests that left eight people dead. Armenian President Robert Kocharyan imposed emergency rule this month after the eight were killed in clashes between police and demonstrators protesting his ally's victory in a presidential poll. It was the worst civil violence in Armenia since the 1991 fall of the Soviet Union. Opposition challenger Levon Ter-Petrosyan, who is a former president, refused to recognise defeat in the Feb. 19 election and blamed police brutality for the violence. Alexander Arzumanyan, his campaign chief, as well as Ararat Zurabyan, a leader of the Armenian National Movement, which supported Ter-Petrosyan, were detained, a spokeswoman for the National Security Service said.

Alexander Arzumanian

The police also said arrest warrants for two members of parliament and an opposition newspaper editor had been issued. Two deputies were arrested last week after their immunity was revoked by parliament. The Prosecutor-General said at least 53 people had been arrested as part of an investigation into the protests, which it calls riots and says were aimed at a forceful takeover of power in the Caucasus state. "The responsibility for the events lies on the shoulders of those people who in the course of nine days provoked the people into mass disorder," president-elect Serzh Sarksyan, who is currently prime minister, told reporters.

Armenia's Constitutional Court rejected on Saturday the opposition's assertion that Kocharyan rigged the Feb. 19 election in favour of Sarksyan, who officially won with 53 percent of the vote against 21.5 percent for Ter-Petrosyan. Western powers have urged Armenia to lift the emergency laws and on Monday Kocharyan did lift minor provisions of the laws, a move welcomed by the Council of Europe's Parliamentary Assembly. "I now call upon the authorities to lift the remaining provisions ... especially those that limit the freedom of the media," John Prescott, who led the assembly's observer mission to Armenia, said in a statement. He called for all sides to recognise the Constitutional Court's ruling on the election. (Reporting by Hasmik Mkrtchyan, writing by Guy Faulconbridge, editing by Elizabeth Piper)

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL11656318

NONE OF THE CRIMINALS WILL FLEE THE COUNTRY

Nikol Pashinian one of the main instigators of the violence in Yerevan has been arrested

On March 4, RA Police First Deputy Chief, Lieutenant-General Ararat Mahtesian met with the journalists and presented March 1 mass disorders in order. As we have informed our readership before, on February 29 RA Police and National Security Service got operative information that arms and ammunition of great quantity would be distributed among demonstrators. According to the information, the police started corresponding operations – checks for arms and ammunition early in the morning. According to Ararat Mahtesian, the police met a serious resistance. "The police wore only helmets and had only truncheons and shields in their hands", mentioned Mr. Mahtesian.

"We are now aware how the mass disorder started. Negotiations started with Davit Shahnazarian, Sasha Afian and Hovhannes Hunanian. The police forces came off to let the demonstrators to walk to Matenadaran square to continue their demonstration, but at that moment other leaders appeared – Nikol Pashinian and Levon Zurabian. They declared Davit Shahnazarian as not authorized to make similar decisions and announced that their leader (Levon Ter-Petrosian) found the territory of the Municipality the most strategic and they would stay there. Following Nikol Pashinian’s announcement, the crowd pulled down the nearest building and armed themselves with iron poles, stones and laths…

To the question of "Azg" daily if the police has the names of the initiators that fled on Yerevan-Moscow flight at March1 night, and if the police accepts its share of the blame for not discovering the workshops where the special poles, "hedgehogs" and other things were made Mr. Mahtesian answered, "Of course, always after similar mass disorders someone is to blame and it becomes clear that it is the police. I want to make a very important announcement – from the beginning, the political leaders of the country exclude the application of force, as we should solve the problem by peaceful means. But we failed and the people made use of it, they became more obscene and armed themselves with fire-arms. What about the escape of the 11 persons, it is examined in the framework of the criminal case and we’ll touch upon them later in order not to hamper the preliminary investigation.

RA Police Head of Public Relations Department Sayat Shirniian touching upon the eight victims mentioned, "I want to say that to a certain extent, "Azatutyun" radio-station is to blame for the blood of them because of the provoking and not objective information that the radio-station spread at that time".

Source: http://www.azg.am/EN/2008030604

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:53 am

Perhaps some good news...

Armenian law-enforcement agencies to bring charge against Levon Ter-Petrosyan?

Law enforcement agencies of Armenia are preparing to bring charges against ex-presidential contender, first president of the republic Levon Ter-Petrosyan, minister of justice of Armenia Gevork Danielyan stated to France Press. “According to the today's situation, the law-enforcement agencies have sufficient grounds to start criminal proceedings regarding Levon Ter-Petrosyan,” the minister said. “The investigation will show, what exactly the charge is going to be,” he said, adding that ex-president has moved from the political field to the criminal one. Meanwhile, the justice ministry's spokeswoman Lana Mshetsyan explained in an interview to REGNUM that the minister, while answering the FP question, stressed that the subject was not in his competence. “However, he has pointed out as a lawyer that there are grounds for starting criminal proceedings, whereas the investigation will show the rest,” Mshetsyan commented. “Whether the persecution is being prepared or not, is not in the competence of the minister, and Gevork Danielyan has not spoken on that,” she said.

Source: http://www.regnum.ru/english/969534.html

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:29 pm

ARMENIA UNDER SIEGE

Ever since independence, Armenia’s main asset has been its internal stability. And every external and internal force has threatened to destabilize the country to get its agenda promoted. At every such crisis, brinkmanship has played a role, until sober heads have prevailed to avert a catastrophe. In the aftermath of the February 19 presidential election, those sober heads were not around to be found and the catastrophe took place with unforeseen consequences for long time to come. Indeed Kocharian’s government and opposition leader Levon Ter-Petrossian were at loggerheads, expecting the other party to blink, which was not to happen. At this time, a government-imposed state of emergency has turned into an internal siege for Armenia’s population, while an external siege is being configured by outside forces, unfortunately aided by internal desperate voices. A tremendous amount of damage has already been caused by the loss of human lives, but that is only the beginning in a rapidly deteriorating crisis.

As anticipated, Azerbaijan has raised the ante by attacking the Armenian positions in the Martakert region of Karabagh, certainly encouraged and emboldened by the internal turmoil in Armenia. This is a loss of wills across the lines of the ceasefire, and a more dangerous escalation of hostilities may be in the offing, if the war planners in Baku determine that the Armenian government is too weak to retaliate to a major onslaught.

While countries, like Azerbaijan, can get away with murder, because of the oil factor or strategic advantage, Western powers are quick to admonish Armenia with impunity, at the first sign of any infraction. And that may have long-term political and economic impact on the country. The chorus of external condemnations has already begun, with a spark from none other than the former president and recently-defeated presidential candidate, Levon Ter Petrossian. Indeed, on March 5, an op-ed article signed by the first president appeared in the Washington Post and subsequently circulated in the news media. Of course, no one would like to see a state of emergency imposed in Armenia, crippling the normal course of life, but Ter Petrossian himself must be the last one to complain about it, since in 1990 he was the one who ordered armored cars to crush the demonstrations, following rigged elections. If his actions were justified at that time, what other alternative was left to the present government to calm the situation?

But what is more dangerous is to invite foreign governments to interfere in the internal situation of the country and use their leverage to warn the government against its antidemocratic actions. Besides the political pressures, the most effective ways for the regional or world powers is to use their economic leverage, on which hinges Armenia’s lifeline and the future. The European Union has many grants, but the most significant aid comes from the US through its annual aid package, which is already dwindling from year to year. But what is most dangerous is the Millennium Challenge project, which is contingent upon Armenia’s democratic process and economic reform. That is the most effective weapon in the arsenal of the Bush administration, which is significantly delaying to recognize the election results and congratulate the new president. Ter-Petrossian blames the West for "the deafening silence," all the while criticizing the OSCE observers for approving the election results. He further appeals to the US government by asking a particular action. "What do the people of Armenia expect from the West, and the United States in particular? At the very least, we expect a strong and unequivocal condemnation of the violence that occurred on March 1… This condemnation should accompany a sternwarning…"

Ter-Petrossian’s popularity is not in question here, nor would any one try to applaud the emergency role. But what is very serious is to appeal to outside forces, which are looking for any pretext to tighten the noose around Armenia and strangulate it economically. The US and Russia have a confrontational posture in the Southern Caucasus and the Cold War era is returning to that region. Armenia’s cordial ties with Russia and economic relations with Iran are not looked upon favorably in Washington, despite the assurances that the US administration "understands" the underlying causes of those relations. When push comes to shove, Armenia’s lobbying power in the US may easily be overrun. Two days later, Ter-Petrossian’s request from the US is echoed in a nasty editorial on March 7, in the New York Times, under the heading "Dark Days in Armenia." It is significant to note that Turkey’s brutal war against the Kurdish minority, which has caused 40,000 deaths has not yet deserved that kind of characterization in the editorial columns of the Times.

The Times editorial specifically addresses the most vulnerable aspect of the US-Armenian relations: "Armenia, embroiled in a lengthy standoff with neighboring Azerbaijan, is relatively isolated in its own region and especially values its great relations with the United States," according to the editorial. It then talks about inviting the Bush administration to hit where it hurts most: "the main responsibility lies with Armenia’s government leaders, and it is to them that the White House must address its protests." And of course we know the nature of these "protests;" to deny beleaguered Armenia economic help. The continuation of the crisis is to no one’s advantage and it will damage Armenia irreparably, which had just begun to give signals of economic recovery.

The crisis can only be resolved internally by engaging opposing domestic groups. Any outside interference may only further exacerbate the already tense situation and lead nowhere. In addition to media orchestration, rallies are being organized on the West Coast to amplify the media furor and to damage Armenia’s standing in the political arena. The protests are mainly organized by expatriates, driven mostly by the guilt feeling of having abandoned the homeland. The same masses of expatriates were vehemently against Ter- Petrossian, when he was in power. It is time to sober up to stop undermining the foundations of Armenia’s statehood and denying its population direly needed economic recovery. Armenians seem to be their worst enemies.

Source: http://www.azg.am/EN/2008031402

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:22 am

[*** moderated ]. This anti-Armenia development in the UN is because of him... LTP Must Hang!

General Assembly calls for removal of Armenian forces from Nagorno-Karabakh

General Assembly Hall 14 March 2008 – The General Assembly today adopted a resolution on the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan in which it called for the immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian forces “from all the occupied territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan.” With 39 votes in favour, seven against and 100 abstentions, the Assembly adopted a text that also called for “continued respect and support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan within its internationally recognized borders.” The resolution reaffirmed “the inalienable right of the population expelled from the occupied territories” of Azerbaijan to return to their homes, and to achieve that end it underlined the need for the comprehensive rehabilitation of all conflict-affected territories. No State should recognize as lawful the current situation in Nagorno-Karabakh, nor provide aid or assistance to maintain that situation, according to the text, which also called for “normal, secure and equal conditions of life for Armenian and Azerbaijani communities in the Nagorno-Karabakh region” so that “an effective democratic system of self-governance” can be built up. In addition, the resolution voices support for international mediation efforts to the dispute over Nagorno-Karabakh, particularly the work of the Orrganization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Minsk Group Co-Chairmen.

Source: http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=25986&Cr=general&Cr1=assembly

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

General Assembly Adopts Resolution

Postby Hopar on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 pm

General Assembly Adopts Resolution full text as doc file we can find here:

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2008/ga10693.doc.htm

Hopar
Կեցցե՛ Արորդիների Հայրենիք Հայաստանը

Long Live Armenia!
Hopar

Postby Armenian on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Ararat on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Armenian

I strongly disagree that this is struggle between "artsakhtsi" and "hayastantzi".!!!

This idea was injected in the masses by LTP and Co, but it is not true.
The most ironious thing is that Serj is not a even a artsakhtzi. He is from Syunik the Tegh village!!!

So i advise you to not spread this kind of desinformation that only help to create odious divisions.
Ararat
Site Admin

Postby Armenian on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:58 am

Ararat, I am basing my opinion on what I have - personally - observed in Armenia and in southern California. Obviously, I am also basing my opinion on many of Levon's and his supporter's speeches. Please take a good close look around you in Yerevan, pay close attention to what many of Levon's supporters have been saying. One thing is obvious: hate towards Armenians from Artsakh is relatively wide spread in Yerevan, albeit not in the majority. If you don't see this ominous fact, you are probably in denial.

Ararat wrote:Armenian

I strongly disagree that this is struggle between "artsakhtsi" and "hayastantzi".!!!

This idea was injected in the masses by LTP and Co, but it is not true.
The most ironious thing is that Serj is not a even a artsakhtzi. He is from Syunik the Tegh village!!!

So i advise you to not spread this kind of desinformation that only help to create odious divisions.

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 pm

A PERSPECTIVE ON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION FROM INSIDE ARMENIA

By Fr. Ktrij Devejian

(Fr. Ktrij Devejian is the foreign press secretary of the Catholicate
of All Armenians, at the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin. Born and
educated in the United States, Fr. Devejian has lived in Armenia for
the past seven years.)

AZG Armenian Daily
20/03/2008

Opinion

Since Tuesday's presidential elections in Armenia, I have received a
number of well-intentioned e-mails from diasporan Armenians who have
strong opinions about the outcome, and the methods with which that
outcome was reached. Many of these authors have used language bordering
on the hysterical and offensive to characterize the current situation
in Armenia. Some state that they have received their information from
sources within Armenia, including a number of "opposition" websites.

Well, since I am actually in Armenia, I would like to explain a
few things, which may not occur to those who don't live here. And
as a resident of this country for the past seven years, I think I
have earned the right to make certain observations and criticisms
emanating from personal experiences.

Armenia is not the United States. Therefore, there is no accepted
tradition or institutional culture when it comes to many political
activities to which Americans are accustomed. Democracy and democratic
principles in Armenia are developing and progressing. It may not be
happening at a pace that is acceptable to many; nevertheless, it is
happening. Notwithstanding the pace, however, each and every Armenian,
whether in Armenia or in the diaspora, has a solemn responsibility
to support and encourage the maintenance, strength and endurance of
our statehood.

Stability for our state is a high priority, one that may be difficult
to comprehend for anyone or any people who, having enjoyed free and
independent statehood for centuries, thus take it for granted. In
the U.S., we accept America as no longer an experiment - it is a
fait accompli. By contrast, Armenia is at a crossroads, and our
very survival is at stake. Turkey continues its illegal blockade
of Armenia and refuses to establish diplomatic ties with us. We are
still technically at war, and although the cease-fire with Azerbaijan
has held for more than 10 years, it is still a fragile and tenuous
one. The threat of resuming hostilities and aggression by the Azeris
is one that we live with every day, and has been one of the reasons,
I believe, that unlike Georgia, Ukraine, and other former Soviet
countries, Armenia has persevered and remained free of major civic
unrest in recent years. We understand that unity is our weapon and our
strength. And although internally we may have sharp disagreements and
heated political arguments, Armenians know well that at the end of the
day, no one, no nation, no country and no international organization
can be relied upon to save us this time from complete annihilation. I
am sure many of you would agree.

It is true, the elections were not flawless.

Deficiencies of all sorts were observed and are an unfortunate
reality. However, the constitution of the Republic of Armenia worked:
scheduled elections did take place, and a president who is term-limited
is willingly stepping aside and giving up the power entrusted to
him by the people. This may no longer be a revolutionary concept in
California, Massachusetts, or Illinois, but for the former Soviet
Union, it's an important, if symbolic, step. (For those who need
further info, see Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, etc.)

Furthermore, international observers from the United States,
Europe and Russia were present before and during the election
to monitor the campaign atmosphere and balloting. They issued an
11-page report on the day following the elections. You can read it
here: www.osce.org/item/29779.html. [See page A8 for the executive
summary.] The report is available in English and Armenian, and
was prepared by the OSCE/ODIHR monitoring mission. The report is
critical in some areas, and offers praise in others, which was to
be expected. In a nutshell, the monitors presented their findings,
stating that the 2008 presidential elections were "mostly in line
with international commitments."

This is not an apologia. We all want Armenia to do better. We all
wait for the day when elections in Armenia are completely fair and
transparent. And that day will come when our citizens fully become
aware of their rights and responsibilities, and when the western
"culture" of elections, voting, campaigning and political platforms
become better integrated into Armenian society.

But just because that day is not here yet, does not mean that we throw
up our arms, give up on democracy and think it merely an experiment
gone bad. It has been said that democracy is a very bad form of
government - it's just much better than anything else that's been
tried in history. It would be hard to find anyone today, whether the
authorities of Armenia or the opposition, who would seriously argue
that abandoning our republican form of government because we haven't
yet perfected it, is a logical or preferred path to follow.

We must therefore take great care before making frantic accusations,
for they are heard by us as well as our adversaries. The mental
laziness of giving in to wild conspiracies does not serve the
long-term endurance of Armenia or the diaspora. For the first time
in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are
therefore obligated to place our national interests ahead of our
personal gains or aspirations.

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:33 am

Interview of Minister Oskanian to ''Aztag'' Armenian Daily, published in Beirut, Lebanon

Question:

Today there’s a need to change Armenia’s image, as well as to conduct an accurate and objective assessment domestic political developments. How do you envision that process, especially when it comes to coordinating between the Republic of Armenia and the Diaspora?

Answer:

Indeed, Armenia has taken a beating because of the riots and the deaths. And when the international community comes inquiring about the situation, they are not interested in asking or knowing who is responsible for what. They look at this as an Armenian mess, an Armenian tragedy, an Armenian problem and judge us all together. It’s not the government that’s damaged, it’s not the opposition that’s discredited, it’s Armenia that is dishonored. We must accept their criticism, listen to their disappointment, share their frustration and try to make certain that this is not a permanent setback, but a temporary aberration from the path to which we’re commited. I hope I’m not wrong. We will be tested by what happens in the coming weeks and monhs. What is very encouraging is that despite all that has happened, there’s a lot of good will towards Armenia, a lot of hope pinned on Armenia, and a sincere desire to see us come through this in a meaningful way, not just superficially moving forward with business as usual.

This is also a challenge for the Diaspora. The Diaspora is obviously shocked and disappointed by the way events have evolved. But we all are. Now it is time for Armenia and the Diaspora together to navigate through this polarized and paralyzing situation, find ways to build faith, to encourage sustained, continuous engagement, to insist on and support institutional change. In other words, to continue the difficult task of nation-building. What the Diaspora cannot do, as some have suggested, is to boycott Armenia, to reject Armenia-based organizations, to blame Armenia for not being the country of their dreams. I understand the disappointment, I don’t understand the expectations or the reaction. This is when we in Armenia need the Diaspora, this is when the Diaspora must say what the international community is saying – we are disappointed in what has happened and we stand ready to work with you to bring Armenia out of this crisis. This is not the time to disown the family. This is the time for systematic and broad cooperation.

Source: http://www.armeniaforeignministry.com/

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

Postby Armenian on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:35 am

There is an organized effort today to undermine and isolate the Armenian Republic upon the international stage. This concerted anti-Armenian effort is being run by Washington DC and the tools they are using are entities such as Armenianow, Radio Liberty, A1 Plus, Hetq, various blogs and individuals involved within the Armenian Assembly. These organizations and websites have become magnets for delusional asswipes amongst our people as of late. Off-set their effort, post remarks/comments in support of the ruling administration in Yerevan. However, be aware that anti-Levon comments are being periodically deleted by site administrators in order to artificially create an impression that a majority of the Armenian "public" is against the Armenian authorities. Therefore, be ready to repost your comments when required. We need to get involved, we need to contact our embassies, we need to contact Armenia's presidential office and various national organizations and express our opposition to what is going on. At the very least, I ask all patriotic and concerned Armenians to post comments within the following two websites:

Hetq: http://www.hetq.am/eng/

ArmeniaNow: http://www.armenianow.com/

Some examples of replies/comments:

"Anyone engaged in any kind of an attempt that can destabilize the Armenian state shall be dealt with harshly. Levon and his treasonous team deserve to hang."

"Despite the best efforts of CIA front offices like Armenianow and Radio Liberty, there will be no divisions between Armenia and Nagorno Karabagh. You agent provocateurs, along with your petty street whore called Levon, have been defeated in the Caucasus. I suggest you abandon your agendas in Armenia and concern yourselves with saving your pathetic asses in the Persian Gulf."

"Long live Russo-Armenian alliance, the last front against pan-Turkism, Western imperialism and Sunni fundamentalism."

"After observing Levon during the 90s all I can say is thank God for Kocharyan and Sargsyan."

"Websites such as ArmeniaNow and Hetq are tools Washington DC uses to meddle in the internal affairs of Armenia with the hopes of driving a wedge between Yerevan and Moscow, and turn the masses against the struggle for Nagorno Karabagh."

"Accepting financial aid from the West, specifically from Washington DC, is like taking money from the mafia, once you do they own you. Armenia needs to learn to do without western handouts."

Գարեգին Նժդեհ
Armenian

PreviousNext

Return to Aryan World